Women in Technology (WIT) is a not-for-profit organization with the
mission of advancing women in technology—from the classroom to the
boardroom—by providing advocacy, leadership development, networking,
mentoring and technology education. WIT announced the winners for the 16th Annual
Leadership Awards at their recent event at the Hyatt Regency in Reston, VA.
Over 350 attendees gathered to recognize and celebrate the
accomplishments of WIT, its members and, more importantly, a set of
extraordinary female leaders in the technology industry.
The winners of the 16th Annual Women in Technology Leadership Awards included:
- Corporate Private Sector (Large and Small)—Patrice D’Eramo, Cisco
- Corporate Public Sector (Large and Small)—Rebecca M. Cowen-Hirsch, Inmarsat, Inc. US Government Business Unit
- Government—Robin A. Thomas, Headquarters Marine Corps, C4 Department
- Rising Star—Jenny Madorsky, SRA
- Small Business / Entrepreneur—Sophia Parker, DSFederal, Inc.
- Technical Excellence—Lang Ly, Appian
- Unsung Hero—Andrea Hall, CSC
- WIT Champion—Mary Ann Glueckert, WIT, Girls in Technology Committee
- WIT President’s Award—Alison Gonzalez, WIT, Sales and Marketing Committee
- Women on Boards Leadership Award WGL Holdings